[HacktionLab] Report back from London Anarchist Bookfair

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 13:02:15 UTC 2012

Hi All,

We did the stall at the Anarchist Bookfair in Mile End yesterday, which
went well.

We had a big delivery of the new TTFA v2.0 booklets, which lots of
people bought a copy of - for the suggested £1.  we also did quite of
lot of talking to people about security, other concerns, and events such
as HacktionLab and BarnCamp.  Quite a few people expressed an interest
in coming to these events.

We also ended up by defacto being the Indymedia stall and having
acquired the DVD collection of London IMC, also sold quite a few of these.

So all in all the scores on the doors were that we took £137, mainly
through sales of booklets (as some groups took bunches of 10 or 20 at
50p a copy to resell), but also through sales of DVDs.

General consensus was that everyone there who were previously of IMC
London were happy for the money to go into the HacktionLab bank account
to cover the cost of the booklet printing, but I just wanted to check
that everyone this is cool with everyone, and also I believe there were
some costs in booking the stall that might need to be covered?

Perhaps erroneously, I've now ended up with however many booklets were
printed and they're in Oxford, along with all the printed materials and
DVDs from London IMC.

Finally, I'd like to say a big thanks for Footprint for printing and
bringing the booklets, to Ana, Tony and Chris for getting the stall
going, to Mark and Mikhal for helping run the store, and the rest of the
possé formerly known as IMC London for being there.

There's some other stuff to do with BarnCamp, the Luddites organising an
event on the same weekend, and the G8, that came up, but I'll email
separately on that.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html