[HacktionLab] [FM Discuss] Tech tools for activism booklet

mickfuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Sun Sep 9 10:49:01 UTC 2012

On 07/09/12 22:26, Martin Kean wrote:
> Hey great project! Do you need a hand with the formatting and imposition for print?
> I  definitely can help – just give me a job.

Great stuff Martin,

Formatting and imposition is one area where help is really needed so
that would be fantastic!  The idea is to use booki.cc for the publishing
of the inside pages of the booklet (28 pages of A5) and then use Scribus
or event GIMP for the cover pages.

So I've had a quick go creating an A5 doc in booki.cc (as it is a bit
more flexible)
http://objavi.booki.cc/books/techtoolsforactivismupdate-en-2012.09.09-10.35.50.pdf

The settings I used were to reduce text size and set quite small
margins. I've attached screenshots.

As you can see there is definitely room for improvement. What would your
recommend? I think the imposition is out as the first page of text
starts with the gutter on the right rather than left.
Do you want to have a play about with those settings and maybe the
advanced css (if needed) to make it look a bit nicer?

When we've finished we can import it back into Flossmanuals.net to so
that the FM readers can see it.

thanks again!
nice one
Mick