[HacktionLab] twitter + statusnet client

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Tue Apr 30 10:00:15 UTC 2013

On 30/04/13 10:51, johnc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you recommend for a command line statusnet + twitter client
> which can be used non-interactively. i.e. ran from a bash script.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Hi,

At newint we use various scripts made out of:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Twitter/

Personally I also use TwitVim. You can examine the source for a curl
approach to using Twitter/identi.ca/statusnet. Or maybe get into writing
vim scripts:
https://github.com/vim-scripts/TwitVim

Cheers,

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://bit.ly/gpgkey/

** Celebrating 40 years of doing the right thing: New Internationalist,
est. 1973**

*Amnesty Media Award winner 2012*

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK