[HacktionLab] BarnCamp 2014: a new location?

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 15:27:10 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've been thinking about moving BarnCamp to a new location for a
change.  I'm keen to do it in Oxfordshire as this is nearby to where a
lot of the infrastructure stuff is kept.

A friend of mine has a farm between Oxford and Swindon.  It could be a
suitable site and so I'm planning to take a look in the new year and
I'll probably grab a couple of Oxford based hacktionlabbers along to
look with me.

Three benefits of this site potentially:

* it's completely flat!
* it's well communicated with trains to Swindon and Oxford and a fairly
regular bus service.
* it's just up the road from where a lot of the kit is

Downsides:

* it's quite a long way from any decent cider producers.

Anyone think this is a good idea, or have any strong objections to
giving a different location a try?

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html