[HacktionLab] lightweight gallery scripts

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Wed Jul 3 10:26:48 UTC 2013

On 28/06/13 22:15, Marcus Valentine wrote:
> When I was little, I used a php script called dmi.php. You renamed this
> index.php, dropped it into a directory containing images, created a
> thumbs directory writeable by the web server and that was it. Quick
> thumb nailing and linking of the images.
>
> There's an example of its use here: http://www.marcusv.org/effects/
>
> Can anyone suggest something conceptually similar that's a bit more up
> to date?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus

Hi,

The one that comes to mind is https://github.com/jimmac/original -- it
has a frontend php script and a backend convert script. You just convert
your files and (s)ftp them to your server.

There's a thing called montage http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/
that ships with imagemagick which gives you a bit more control of what
html gets rendered.

If you have access to a mysql or mariadb database then Gallery is a good
option: http://galleryproject.org/

Cheers,

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://ox4.li/gpgkey/

** Celebrating 40 years of doing the right thing: New Internationalist,
est. 1973**

*Amnesty Media Award winner 2012*

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK