[HacktionLab] Helm

Martin mra at aktivix.org
Fri Jul 12 11:22:33 UTC 2013

Note that such a thing already exists: http://threema.ch/en/

As far as I can tell Threema is proper: they use the adequate crypto libraries
correctly, go through great lengths to convince you they are doing so etc.

OpenPGP on the other hand sounds like horrible overkill for a chat
application. I don't know how adequate XMPP is from a battery preserving
standpoint.

Still, this being developed by famous people might give them the publicity
that is required for a bit of adoption, i.e., it's not only about technology
when it comes to these kind of apps, your friends using them is also useful :)