[HacktionLab] BarnCamp 2013: Scores on the doors

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 11:56:55 UTC 2013

On 29/06/2013 12:30, bou wrote:
> thanks Mike!
>
> more inline:
>
> On 28/06/13 17:41, Mike Harris wrote:
>> can be used for
>> printing more/new booklets,
> since we have been offering / selling booklets for less than a pound and
> now even just putting them in social centres etc., I think you should
> use some of that money to refund those who put the money upfront for them.
well I'm one of them, but happy to donate to the cause.  I'll get in
touch with the others about this.

The main aim for me, as de facto treasurer though, is to have a healthy
bank account for doing stuff moving forward, so I'm kind of veering on
being tight with it, hanging on to the cash, and seeing what proposals
come up during the rest of next year.

>> internet services,
> guess this means server costs for things like the barncamp website
> itself, the hacktionlab, maybe network23?
I host the barncamp and hacktionlab web sites for free.

n23 is a spring off project from hacktionlab, not a hacktionlab project
itself, I think that n23 users should be the ones who financially help
to support that project, me included.  as donations go to aktivix
themselves, I've no idea if anyone's done that... but that's a
discussion for a different list to this I think.

>>  promotional materials,
>> stalls at events, and possibly a couple of hacktionlabs; oh an also
>> BarnCamp 2014 ;)
> of course :)
that's the one that personally I'm keener on....

> thanks again
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mike.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk