[HacktionLab] Recommendations for modern web dev environments

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 12:00:07 UTC 2013

On 27/06/2013 15:58, ekes wrote:
> On 27/06/13 15:52, Mike Harris wrote:
>> In some senses perhaps a fully fledged
>> CRM is too much and really a Drupal Content Type for Customers linked to
>> another one for Orders, and another for Leads, etc, would be enough....
>> the jury is still out.
> One more for the mix then: https://drupal.org/project/crm_core would
> give you a head-start on that one.
been playing with that, looks actually really good and the potential to
expand it is better.

i like the tighter integration with Drupal than Civi, which seems a bit
of a bolt on floating on top at a first look.

am going to play with crm_core and commerce running together and how
well (or not) that integrate...

> On Magento I've heard the biggest problem is all the caching is only in
> the premium version - so it's _heavy_ to run the community edition? Runs
> out the box though.
yes indeed, I'm in two minds about Magento myself, we can afford in this
project to pay for the premium version, but I'm not convinced about the
programming interface.  This'll take a couple of weeks of research to
establish the Drupal vs Magento pros and cons methinks.

anyone got any more experience, any more of an opinion on that?

> Cheers, ekes

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html