[HacktionLab] Can technology save the city

theinnercityhippy at riseup.net theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Thu Mar 28 14:31:08 UTC 2013

Hi all

Sorry for such short notice, it has been a bit of a last minute
confirmation but this Saturday Cory Doctorow will be at the 1in12 Club for
a day we are putting on with the title "Can technology save the city?"

The idea is to have a day of discussions and films around the links
between DIY culture, Copyleft and Creative Commons.

We'll be showing Into the Fire, promoting Tech Tools For Activism and Cory
will be talking about his latest book (with the main character hailing
from Bradford) and more widely on digital freedom.

If anyone is in the vicinity of Bradford, it's from 12-6 in the 1in12
Library.

There's an event description at https://northern-indymedia.org/events/4050
- is anyone able to add this to the HL wiki as I still have yet to figure
it out.

If anyone wants to come and would need crash space, please get in touch.

Solidarity

Jim Dog