[HacktionLab] BarnCamp update and deadline on booking (31st May)

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Thu May 9 08:51:10 UTC 2013

Hi All,

An update on BarnCamp:

So we're pretty much sorted for facilities on site, thanks to the guys
at Highbury Farm once again, the structures, thanks to OARC/TVCA and the
Cambridge Massive, the computer set-up, thanks to Bristol Wireless, the
ents, the bar, and even the table football, thanks to Llanos, and
finally the food, thanks to Sam.  We've got a load of excellent workshop
proposals and I see lots more bubbling under; how we'll fit it all in is
anyone's guess, but I'm sure Mick will knock it into shape as usual.

We're ready to go, about half of the places have already gone, so if
you're intending to come, do sign-up on-line at https://barncamp.org.uk
even if you know that me or someone else knows you're coming, we need to
know you're definitely coming.  If you want to come but have some
objection to using the form, then email barncamp2013 at hacktionlab.org or
even myself or Mick off list.

The main thing is that we know numbers for food and drink, as we don't
really want to buy too much, and we want to be able to feed you all.
For planning purposes the last date you can sign up for BarnCamp is 31st
May.  So do do it before then.

Obviously if there's still places left and you phone up you can probably
still come (of course), but places are limited as I said, so if you're
late to the party....

Anyway, looking forward to it, should be a cracker this year, and
looking forward to seeing all you I know again, and meeting those of you
I don't know.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
0: http://mbharris.co.uk/keys/pgp.html