[HacktionLab] Is HacktionLab a 'safe space'?

kriptick kriptick at riseup.net
Mon May 20 11:48:35 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
  From: Charlie Harvey
  To: hacktionlab at lists.aktivix.org
  Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 11:43 AM
  Subject: Re: [HacktionLab] Is HacktionLab a 'safe space'?

  >"Be aware of the influence of alcohol and other drugs on yourself and
  >others, and think about limiting your use if you know that you become
  >violent or disrespectful under their influence."
  >http://theoarc.org.uk/safer.php

  As one who's been to FAR too many gatherings that have been spoiled by those who've abused various substances, I think I'd expand this a bit beyond just the words - violent or disrespectful.

  "and limit your use if you know, or you've ever been told that you become disruptive, disrespectful, boorish, aggressive or violent under their influence."