[HacktionLab] Is HacktionLab a 'safe space'?

m marmar at ucrony.net
Mon May 20 12:46:05 UTC 2013

On 20/05/2013 13:37, sam at bristolwireless.net wrote:

> I stuck a draft up here:
> http://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/Draft_Safe_Spaces_policy

Had a look, here's a couple of quick notes (don't have time to figure
out my login)

 > If you see people acting contrary to the above, challenge them. If
you act contrary to the above, expect to be challenged, which might mean
being asked to leave.

Maybe: If you see people acting contrary to the above, challenge them
*or talk to someone you trust if you don't want to do it on your own*

or something along those lines. Especially when people are new to a
space, calling someone out can be a scary thing.

There's one point that might be worth adding, about not interrupting
others while they're speaking. It's not specifically Barncamp, but one
of the main things I have come across in geeky circles, that can make
people feel uncomfortable.

>> I also resent the implication that my lady bits make me less
>> proficient at beer swilling.
>
> Apologies for any offence caused :)

:D

--
Into the Fire - The Hidden Victims of Austerity in Greece

More: http://intothefire.org
Like: http://fb.me/intothefirefilm
Follow: http://t.co/Moax1smz