[HacktionLab] Hello World

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Fri May 24 08:22:58 UTC 2013

On 24/05/2013 01:47, johnc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set-up a number for Barncamp:
>
> 01600888298
>
> Monmouth area code, the same as Highbury Farm, registered to a N.
> Makhno :-).
>
> It's plumbed into a an asterisk PBX server running on a VM in a data
> centre. If you ring it it will say "hello world". We can upload an
> alternative temporary message for now and then re-direct it to a
> phone(*) when Barncamp goes live.
coolio. :)  I propose a nice recorded message that just covers the
dates, not to come without booking, contact email and tips on how to get
there.  how does that sound?

propose that from Tuesday/Weds before onwards we connect it to a mobile
- will have number for that today - and then to a proper phone once
we've got the internet running to the barn on site.

> (*) phone
> 1) A "proper telephone" connected to a magic box (e.g. Linksys ATA).
> 2) A mobile phone.
> 3) A sip client such as jitsi running on a PC with a headset connected.
> 4) A javascript, browser based web client (e.g. sipml5)
> I've probably missed a few ...
>
> Happy hacking,
> John
>
> P.S. if you have a "proper telephone" like the one attached please
> bring for Mike ;-)
love it, the steampunkier the better ;)  any lobster telephones out there?