[HacktionLab] Navel gazing session?

xifer xifer at aktivix.org
Tue May 28 11:37:53 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 28 May 2013 10:46:47 Mike Harris wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Could we squeeze in a slot discussing where we're at with and where we
> want to go to with HacktionLab?
>
> Such questions as: more events like BarnCamp?  more HacktionLabs?  more
> outreach?  more books? and most importantly who is going to do it, and
> who is really up for doing it, not just enthusiastic about it?
>
> Anything else?
>
> What say we don't have this so late in the event that only a few people
> are left?
>
> It'd be really good to get some feedback I think, cover what we've done
> and where we've got to, what we want to do and what we could do better.
>
> This session could perhaps cover the are we diverse enough, how to be
> more inclusive, how to be safe discussion?

+1 - unfortunately i won't be able to make barncamp (went 2 or 3 yrs ago - was
great) - got time off work but can't afford to travel - used to live in Bristol
but now in Scot Highlands.

Am always asking myself what can i actually achieve with all these
tools/skills etc.  outreach - what can we do and how can we contribute.  will
people be able to participate in any of the activities from a distance?