[HacktionLab] micro workshop idea - interactive meetings using laser pointers

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Thu May 30 12:46:39 UTC 2013

On 30/05/13 11:15, naomi at aktivix.org wrote:
> Maybe you'd get a general impression of increases area and/or brightness?

Hi,

You can do what's called "blob detection" on a machine rigged up to a
webcam. Would there be any interest in making something like that?

Cheers,

> Quoting Andy S <andys at bristolwireless.net>:

>>> I love this idea! Let's do it.

>> e interesting to see how you count the laser spots especially when
>> they are
>> spread evenly across the selection as they will all be moving quite a
>> lot,
>> unless people have very steady hands. Obviously the more people involved,
>> the harder this gets, unless you have an automated process to count them
>> (well lets face it, a photo would do!)

>> --
>> *http://www.bristolwireless.net/* <http://www.bristolwireless.net/>*
>>  | **0117
>> 325 0067 |  **sip:info at bristolwireless.net*
>> *Bristol Wireless**
>> Windmill Hill City Farm
>> Philip Street
>> Bedminster
>> Bristol BS3 4EA*

- --
Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://bit.ly/gpgkey/

** Celebrating 40 years of doing the right thing: New Internationalist,
est. 1973**

*Amnesty Media Award winner 2012*

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK