[HacktionLab] CryptoFestival

dan mcquillan dan at internetartizans.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 12:42:47 UTC 2013

dear folks

i would like to extend a general invitation to everyone to come to the
first London CryptoFestival
https://www.cryptoparty.in/london_cryptofestival/,
https://londoncryptofestival.eventbrite.co.uk/

our tag line is 'analysis and tools for a post-prism internet'; basically
we're trying to take cryptoparty to the next level by including debate and
workshops on the issues and the implications for the future of the
internet(!).

the draft schedule is now live at
https://www.cryptoparty.in/london_cryptofestival/schedule

i also have a request for active participation. firstly, we're trying to
run workshops on the usual tools (pgp, tor, otr & truecrypt) on a rolling
programme through the day and we could use a few more people to help out -
so if you have any experience with those it'd be great to hear from you.

we also have an open strand all day in one of the lecture theatres for
lightening talks; i'm sure there are people here who could pitch in with
something interesting. it would be great to get a strong activist slant on
the issues.

finally, we'll have some table areas in the atrium which can be used for
stalls / demos - if someone wants to have a hacktionlab presence there, let
me know.

cheers!
dan
gpg id: 0x4586E0D9