[HacktionLab] Alright

Sikes sikes at squat.net
Thu Apr 10 14:23:07 UTC 2014

HAI

This is a very broad question to answer and depends on many factors
really.

The really short version is

the festival you are organizing is on your website:

http://www.itsrecords.net/

(found this by googling 'Jozef Chlebik its records')

Pulling the whois record for itsrecords reveals:

Registrant Name: Joe Chlebik
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 24 Brogden Grove
Registrant City: Sale
Registrant State/Province: Cheshire
Registrant Postal Code: M33 7UG
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.7794010433
Registrant Phone Ext.:

Is that you ?

As for the rest, see here

'Your' IP address

Your IP address is given to you by your ISP. Supposingly , this is a
landline braodband connection, so your ISP knows your address and possibly
your name as you have signed a contract with them.

They will however not share such information easily under normal
circumstances. Generally, it will be law enforcement backed by some kind
of warrant (depends on which country your are in really) that will be able
to extract this info, not some random member of the public.

Facebook and your data

Of course, fb knows the IP you have been using to update your page, but
they will, here again, not share their logfiles so easily under normal
circumstances (think law enforcement and warrant here again).

The question is more how much other info you have given fb about yourself
already. Are you on there with your real full name and photo ? And is your
personal fb site then linked to the event page ?

In such a case, there is a million ways to figure out who you are (in the
broadest sense). If someone is remotely connected to your network of
fb-friends, they can soft-profile you easily just based on the information
_others- in this network have shared about themselves (which city do they
live in, what school did they go to, you name it) and make the necessary
deductions about you.

no pasaran!

kizziz
IAH