[HacktionLab] How t buy a laptop that will work with Linux

Andy S andys at bristolwireless.net
Sat Jul 26 14:23:09 UTC 2014

On 26 July 2014 14:32, penguin <penguin at riseup.net> wrote:

​Not exactly a beast but fine for general use, Ebuyer do sell one model of
Ubuntu laptop at very affordable price:

http://www.ebuyer.com/620311-hp-255-g1-laptop-with-ubuntu-h6q17ea-abu

​It is however Ubuntu 12.04 LTS so you'd want to update it anyway I'd
guess, Debian will certainly run well too (unless Ubuntu have done some
driver dealings with Dell!)​.

I certainly recommend ThinkPad/Lenovos too as generally well supported for
Linux (check the ThinkWiki).

Avoid Nvidia GPU's for ootb decent graphics, personally I choose AMD/Intel,
and for power usage; AMD over Intel.

If in doubt: http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

​

--
*http://www.bristolwireless.net/* <http://www.bristolwireless.net/>*  | **0117
325 0067 |  **sip:info at bristolwireless.net <sip%3Ainfo at bristolwireless.net>*

* Windmill Hill City FarmPhilip StreetBedminsterBristol BS3 4EA*