[HacktionLab] HacktionLab Digest, Vol 75, Issue 13

yossarian yossarian at aktivix.org
Tue Jul 29 09:52:16 UTC 2014

Just to be a little different: if you want something small and powerful,
I have had very good success with the Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition.

 From a processing power and physical size point of view, it is roughly
the same size and weight as a MacBook Air, but with an i7 processor and
8GB of RAM, it's about halfway to a MacBook Pro.

It comes with Ubuntu 12.04 preloaded, works fine with 14.04, haven't
tried Debian.

http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/xps-13-linux/pd

Downsides:

* you may or may not like the 1080 resolution on a 13" screen

* 8GB of RAM is soldered in place, it's not upgradeable, so it's not a
good Big Data laptop

Yoss