[HacktionLab] ssl update

Andy S andys at bristolwireless.net
Fri Jun 6 16:28:05 UTC 2014

On 6 June 2014 18:15, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:

> On 06/06/2014 14:17, Patrice Riemens wrote:
> > meanwhile at antenna.nl, they've come to the conclusion that patching is
> > enough, following OpenSSL's advice. Done by now. Panic mode out
> phew!
>
> I meant more from the reputation of OpenSSL.  Regardless as to whether
> this is routine and that good sys admins will patch software and update
> servers, it is potentially another "hole" in something that very
> publicly had a hole in it just recently.
> >
> > Cheerio, p+5D!
> > (our Motto: FREAK OUT AND PANIC ON! - as in http://bit.ly/Tm0bqj ;-)

​Was going to reply with "don't worry, the Linux Foundation is on it..."

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2014/05/core-infrastructure-initiative-announces-new-backershttp://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/05/29/linux_foundation_core_infrastructure_initiative_update/

but then I thought, sod it! Suggest BSD and duck!!

A​

--
*http://www.bristolwireless.net/* <http://www.bristolwireless.net/>*  | **0117
325 0067 |  **sip:info at bristolwireless.net <sip%3Ainfo at bristolwireless.net>*

* Windmill Hill City FarmPhilip StreetBedminsterBristol BS3 4EA*