[HacktionLab] Hackday in London on Nov 8 - help stop illegal wildlife trade

Tom Lord toml at aptivate.org
Tue Nov 4 10:54:35 UTC 2014

If you're in London on Sat and fancy some of this, or know someone who
would, that'd be grand! Hamish is going, so that's reason in itself.

cheers,
Tom.

Aptivate <http://aptivate.org/>have working with WWF
<http://www.wwf.org.uk/> and TRAFFIC <http://www.traffic.org/> to create
TradeMapper
<http://www.aptivate.org/en/blog/2014/09/22/this-is-trademapper/>, an
online data mapping tool to help scientists and conservationists track
international movement of wildlife to help put a stop to illegal trade.

On November 8th, we are planning a Hackday to bring together others who
believe in the cause to begin to improve and extend TradeMapper (or
maybe to explore what other uses it can be put to).

Full details can be found on the Meetup page for the Hackday
<http://www.meetup.com/Trademapper-help-fight-illegal-wildlife-trade/events/213807392/>.

If you would like to come, please RSVP.  If you know others who might be
interested, please forward the link to them or tweet it to your
followers (use the hashtag #trademapper).

Or if you think you might like to help in the future but can't make it
on the 8th, just sign up to the Meetup Group
<http://www.meetup.com/Trademapper-help-fight-illegal-wildlife-trade/>
and we'll keep you informed about future events and other ways to
collaborate.

Thanks and hope to see some of you on the 8th