[HacktionLab] Weaving Our Own Web - Free dayschool in London

zylum at peacenews.info zylum at peacenews.info
Thu Nov 27 13:57:03 UTC 2014

Hello,
      I thought that some on this list might find this forthcoming event
useful. Peace News are running a free day-school - Weaving Our Own Web -
on using the internet to campaign effectively and strengthen your group.
Approximately half of the places at the event are already booked, so if
you or anyone among your networks needs a reminder to register, now is
the moment.

There will be workshops for all levels of technical know-how,
participants will have a chance to learn how to use some powerful
internet tools whilst challenging corporate domination of the web. We
will also focus on issues around online security and privacy. There will
be an open space to propose tech' projects or seek help with your own
endeavour.

Childcare will be available, and we will provide a subsidised lunch for
all participants.

More details here - Weaving our Own Web, London, 10th January 2015:
http://peacenews.info/node/7821/weaving-our-own-web [1]

If you are a member of a group it might be a good idea to bring a buddy.
There are 50 places available, all free, the event is already proving
popular so don't miss out. Click here to register:
http://peacenews.info/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=13 [2]

We hope to see you there. Please email zylum at peacenews.info with any
specific access requirements, or with any other queries.
Best Wishes,
Benjamin - Event Organiser.