[HacktionLab] HacktionLab Gathering 15th-16th November

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 11:40:47 UTC 2014

Hi All,

We've just had confirmation that the 15th and 16th November are in the
1-in-12's diary for a HacktionLab in Bradford :)

Let's start a thread on the list as to what we can do.  The following
have been suggested so far:

* Security/Privacy - I could update my Prism and the Dark Side of the
Net talk.  Do it and then we could use it as the basis for a discussion
followed by a lab to really get everyone using PGP, Tor, I2P, Tails, etc.

* Lukas at the 1in2 has suggested a hack session on their (Joomla) web
site to tidy it up so that "1in12 members could then pick and choose the
improvements they like"

* Also, Lukas says that they have a "bunch of tech that was left behind,
i think at the last hacktionlab in 2012. Perhaps a hands on session
'putting that stuff to use or sending it to a home where it will be
loved' workshop could be good."

What other ideas do you have?

I propose we discuss them on list and then start to flesh out the Wiki
page for the event with some concrete proposals.  I have put up a stub
Wiki page to get things started.

http://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/Winter_2014_Hacklab

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893