[HacktionLab] Open Source / federated VOIP?

johnc johnc at aktivix.org
Wed Jan 14 16:07:09 UTC 2015

I haven't used this yet but have done a little research on the program:

+'s:
- - it easy to use
- - Available on a range of OS's + devices.
- - reasonably decentralised - but I believe it still has some known
"good/online" user IP's hard coded for bootstrapping like bitcoin has.

- -'s:
- - Currently no independent security review has been performed.
- - It's DHT implementation is vulnerable to Cybil attack=> not that hard
to DOS.
- - No group voice chat.
- - Main developer (irungentoo) is anonymous.