[HacktionLab] Strawberry TARTS - The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System

mp mp at aktivix.org
Sun Jan 25 12:31:46 UTC 2015

Hey,

This site might give you some figures:

"Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition is a diverse non-profit organization
engaged in research, advocacy and grassroots organizing to promote human
health and environmental justice in response to the rapid growth of the
high-tech industry."

They used to provide useful data, some ten years ago. They're still at
it, but no idea what/who they've become.

http://svtc.org/
http://svtc.org/our-work/e-waste/

You can also look at http://globalrec.org/ :

"The Global Alliance of Waste Pickers is a networking process supported
by WIEGO, among thousands of waste picker organizations with groups in
more than 28 countries covering mainly Latin America, Asia and Africa."

You might also get some useful references/sources/links etc. from
Federico, who's been an activist on this stuff for years:

http://www.degrowth.org/federico-demaria

cheers,
mp