[HacktionLab] HHVM vs PHP-FPM (was Re: Server efficiency slides)

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Mon Nov 16 10:29:57 UTC 2015

On 16/11/15 10:06, ekes wrote:
----------------------8<------------------------
>> Partly
>> because HHVM doesn't include the postgres extension
>
> Postgres support might make it 'interesting' none the less. Why PG over
> mariadb or whatever?

Hi ekes,

Our legacy system uses postgres. In order to migrate we pull items out
of our legacy postgres into Drupal which is using on mariadb.

That said postgres is pretty nice and has some cool features that
mariadb doesn't support (yet).

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403249
f: +44 (0)1865 403346
w: http://newint.org/
k: http://ox4.li/gpgkey/

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239.

New Internationalist, Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd.,
Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK