[HacktionLab] Open Source / federated VOIP?

nmd nmd at riseup.net
Tue Oct 6 22:28:39 UTC 2015

Hi,
Thought I'd just resurrect this thread to ask what y'all think of some of the new webrtc offerings out there?
Firefox Hello being one of the obvious ones, opentokrtc.com also allows multiple people to video call
(without an account), and then there's others like appear.in which use webrtc but appear not to be fully
open source (well it says nothing about it, so i don't know if that just means that the server-side is
proprietary).
Any thoughts on how secure these kind of things are? I haven't seen any support for OTR etc. that desktop
voip programs have the potential for..

Cheers,
Nick