[HacktionLab] dotcomrades - anyone know em?

Tom Lord toml at aptivate.org
Fri Sep 18 09:18:00 UTC 2015

http://www.dotcomrades.net/

"dotcomrades is a (very) loosely associated band of makers, activists,
doers and your general salt of the earth awkward squad types.

We're marrying our geeky tendencies to our progressive politics, and
assembled for the first time in June 2015 to think about/hack away at
how technology might reboot/revive/"disrupt" organised labour.

A bunch of us are sniffing around how co-ops, mutuals, Guilds, credit
unions, etc. might take advantage of advances in technology to
outcompete incumbents and positively shape the markets/industries they
operate in.

We have monthly meetups in London and Dublin (if neither of those
locations work for you get in touch and we'll encourage/support you to
start your own meetup). "

--
toml at aptivate.org | +44 (0)1223 967838

Aptivate - Ethical IT for International Development
Website: http://www.aptivate.org | Newsletter: http://bit.ly/TCbsm6 | Twitter: http://twitter.com/aptivateuk

Aptivate is a not-for-profit company registered in England and Wales with company number 04980791
Our registered address is 25 Signet Court, Swann's Road, Cambridge, UK, CB5 8LA