[HacktionLab] Own-Mailbox: Self hosted web mail PGP/ HTTPS

bou bou at aktivix.org
Sat Sep 26 19:45:38 UTC 2015

On 24/09/15 10:10, Charlie Harvey wrote:
>> > "*Own-Mailbox allows you to send and receive 100% confidential messages
>> > even with people who don't use email encryption yet.* For this purpose
>> > we introduce PLM, a new technique that allows you to send a filtered and
>> > temporary *HTTPS link* to your contacts. This link points to your
>> > private message hosted on your Own-Mailbox."
> Hi,
>
> Point taken, nothing is 100% secure and its unfortunate to make such
> grandiose rhetorical claims in the context of security.

C'mon give the guys a break - the application you seem to find fault
with is to make it possible to sent encrypted emails with people who
'don't use encryption'! compared with sending an email to my gmail
friends, which some times I am still forced to do, it looks pretty 100%
secure to me ...

b.

--
https://network23.org/bou