[HacktionLab] CRM systems for a charity

ekes ekes at aktivix.org
Fri Nov 11 15:03:22 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 15:56, Christian Wach wrote:
>> On 11 Nov 2016, at 14:15, naomi <naomi at aktivix.org> wrote:
>>
>> I wish I could suggest something better though. There must be something out there
>
> That was my hope too. I never did find anything comparable.

If you've ever had to deal with Salesforce the interface of CiviCRM will
look like a positive delight...

> The compromise I came to was to write plugins that were deliberately designed to shield people from having to engage with the CiviCRM UI. I find it fairly easy to accomplish for WordPress and it’s going to be even easier now that there’s a form builder in the works:

Which, for users, and often administrators, is what most people do with
most CRMs in my experience; but most small NGOs I know just have a
couple of forms, in another site, for users to interact with it; but all
the admin is done in Civi itself.