[HacktionLab] BarnCamp 2017 Workshops Call-out

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Thu Apr 6 11:00:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

A couple of things that I don when I take photos at barncamp.

1. I make people aware that I'm going to do so and ask people to let me
know if they don't want their pics taking at all and remind them that
they can always let me know if they don't want a pic taking at the time.

2. If I need to delete a pic I do the camera delete but once the pics
are off I bleachbit the card to reduce the chances of recovering the
deleted file. dd-ing from /dev/random until the card is full would
probably do it too.

Cheers,

On 06/04/17 11:03, sean wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My film student daughter is keen to attend Barn camp and make a small doc
> (maybe for marketing next year?!), she'll obviously need some guidelines,
> which maybe we can thrash out on the wiki, but in principle is everyone OK
> with this? I'm her Dad, so probably not best placed to judge.
>
> Sean
>
> On 5 April 2017 at 19:07, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Got any ideas for workshops or talks for this year's BarnCamp?
>>
>> There's some stuff up there already, but it would be great to have yours
>> as well.
>>
>> If you've got Wiki access add them to the page at
>> https://hacktionlab.org/BarnCamp_2017_ideas_scratchpad
>>
>> If not just holler and I'll set you up with a login.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mike.
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Mike Harris
>> Software Engineer and Agile/Lean project manager, coach, consultant and
>> trainer
>> e: mike at mbharris.co.uk
>> t: +44 (0) 7811 671 893
>> s: adelayde
>> w: https://mbharris.co.uk
>> l: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/mbharris
>> g: https://github.com/mikebharris/

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403249
f: +44 (0)1865 403346
w: http://newint.org/
k: http://ox4.li/gpgkey/

We are crowdfunding! From 1 March to 6 April you have a unique chance to
become a co-owner of New Internationalist. Buy shares now at:
https://nin.tl/2lPBTWN

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239.

New Internationalist, Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd.,
Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK