[HacktionLab] survey Qs

mark mark at aktivix.org
Sun Jun 18 21:08:00 UTC 2017

> All good questions.  I think perhaps though we ought to try to get the
> number down to, say, 10.  It good to be concise rather than gather too
> much information, as then we'll have a job on our hands processing and
> interpreting it.

I was thinking the target should be that it takes no more than 5 minutes
to complete. But that is probably about the same. So let's agree on
which Qs are valuable, ask the pilot subjects to say how long it takes
to complete, then we know how much we have to cut?

> With regards question 3 about the carbon footprint one, I really cannot
> see the relevance of this question at all.  Like what are we supposed to
> do with those figures except say to ourselves that "yes people who live
> further away or drove probably have a bigger carbon footprint than those
> that didn't".  We know this already.  Can we drop it?

Yep OK fair point... I'm in the habit of asking people to assess their
footprints all the time, as a consciousness-raising (rather than data
gathering) activity. We can omit if you like.

> Question 4 about whether people liked the site is interesting to know,
> but again, unless we propose to change site in the future, not sure if
> it's handy to know.  We have done 7 events there thus far.  The big
> issue with it being accessibility.  The big issue with finding another
> site is finding it, and making sure that we can still more or less run
> the event under the radar as a private gathering without loads of
> paperwork and cost.

Right, I think I phrased this one badly. What I'm trying to do here is
to elicit some feedback for our hosts' benefit, not to raise any doubt
about whether to move barncamp. Perhaps we could replace with something
like, "Would you like us to pass on any comments to the farm, about
things you particularly valued or found challenging about the site?"

> Other than the above, nice one.  Do you or someone on this here list
> fancy getting the questionnaire set up, once we've agreed the questions?

I haven't used drupal forms before, but happy to give it a go unless
someone else is keen?

Mark