[HacktionLab] BarnCamp preparations: visit to Highbury Farm update

Mike Harris mike.harris at xtreamlab.net
Wed Mar 8 07:57:40 UTC 2017

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago Ben and I paid Highbury Farm a visit.

It was looking chaotic, but good up there on the mountain and we covered
off a few points, which we've now sorted, and some we need to follow up on:

1) They are ordering in lots of straw bales for us.

2) There will be electricity and wireless in the barn.

3) They still have the roughly 3,000 biodegradable plastic pint and
half-pint cups.

4) They will cook a hearty breakfast for us on Thursday morning.

5) The party tent is still alive!

6) There's a bit of a wood shortage up there.  We may need to order some
in.  It might be that someone at the farm can sell us some; this needs
sorting out.

7) There's a shortage of chairs, a lot are broken or dangerous to sit
on.  Will the straw bales do, or will we need to get some more chairs
from somewhere?

8) There's still no shower on site, so we'll have to build an eco-wash
again!

That's the update I think (unless Ben, you have any other points?)

Director

XtreamLab Internet Services Ltd
w: http://xtreamlab.net
e: mike.harris at xtreamlab.net