[HacktionLab] Anonymous survey tech?

Brent thebrentc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:20:45 UTC 2018

Hi

So thanks for the discussion everyone. Some good points. Add privacy as
another thing that's hard in computing!

I'll make a play for a network23 blog. There is some tradeoff against
usability to consider, so other possible option is just hosting a survey on
shared hosting, with informed consent about data storage.

Other infos as an aside:
I've installed limesurvey to try, it seems quite good- quite powerful,
slightly technical, but not too bad.
For unique respondents, limesurvey has option of giving out tokens to known
invitees to track completions; from the software:
"If you used an identifying token to access this survey, please rest
assured that this token will not be stored together with your responses. It
is managed in a separate database and will only be updated to indicate
whether you did (or did not) complete this survey. There is no way of
matching identification tokens with survey responses."
I keep looking for a nice wordpress plugin to do generic forms that isn't a
restricted freemium model and ideally saves data in nice standard database
tables, without success. There also doesn't seem to be great survey plugin
options. If any wordpress-heads have tips, welcome. Btw I've done some WP
these days, so happy to try answer others' questions on list or off.

Thanks all!