[HacktionLab] {Spam?} {Spam?} Consul - Free software for citizen participation.

encosianima encosianima at riseup.net
Tue Jan 9 18:52:53 UTC 2018

well...fair points :D though... " widely" is a big word and as far as I
understood speaking with Spanish contacts differently involved in this
project (decide.es and its forks), low participation is still a big issue.

There's always some human factors that digital tools can't replace or
control (time-consuming issues, I know).

Regarding Barncamp, I'm asking if there's really need of such a
software. IMHO Wiki,  etherpad and good communication tools are enough
to handle this kind of event.

An example: last Spanish HM (set in a squat in Madrid centre, which can
solve some issues but can also give you a headache, especially on Friday
and Saturday nights).
Organized by the HM ML with the local group support, all decisions were
made using +1  from the ML. Local group and whoever wanted to help
coordinated using Telegram conversations and etherpads. (Telegram easily
replaceable by any Matrix server app, I'm personally using riot.im it
successfully).

Having said that, I'm a new technology enthusiast and I wouldn't mind
experimenting new tools when required.

Ciao!
Vale