[HacktionLab] Facebook exodus & where are people going

Mark G gzikskud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:02:07 UTC 2018

my 2p,

On secure comms

have a look at keybase.io, it provides end to end secure communication,
not linked to a sim card, will also run on desktops (native) and
provides for encrypted file sharing, team/P2P  chat and encrypted git
repos. You dont have to link it to any social media profiles, but it
does help for identification purposes.  Dont lose your last device, as
you wont be able to reclaim your old accounts information if you lose
all your devices.

On FB replacements

if the current news has any impact it will fracture the market for a
little while until another large corporate takes over.  Reach is key and
only an organisation with deep pockets can find the marketing to
generate the reach.  Sad, but true.

Mark