[HacktionLab] Facebook exodus & where are people going

Paula Graham paula at fossbox.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 21:43:42 UTC 2018

I've not had problems when talking about geek stuff but know a lot of female/queer/trans who've been set upon for talking about gender/sexuality issues - not just on twitter but also on diaspora. A lot queers moved to mastodon a year or two ago in order to be able to manage that problem better - also some people are uncomfortable on the isil platform of choice.

I was also badly savaged on the London Linux list once for picking someone up for using the word 'slut' (about a 14 year old friend of his daughter's ye gods). There's sometimes an unfortunately thin line between open source and breitbart when it comes to women and queers :-o