[HacktionLab] [Hacktionlab-announce] Only 2 days left to save BarnCamp2019 - ACT NOW

mark mark at aktivix.org
Tue Apr 23 21:38:37 UTC 2019

Thanks Mick

I've had a try at thinking through how it could be made smaller/beanier,
and Mike's made some suggestions.

The trouble I found was that even if, for example, we have fewer spaces,
someone still needs to form a team that takes responsibility for
sourcing the right stuff to make that number of spaces usable. Even if
we have fewer drinks available, someone still needs to take on buying
them and getting them there. So we still need people to step up and take
on responsibilities.

The template we've started with was chosen because we know that it
works, and every part of it was there for a good reason. That doesn't
mean that it can't be changed, but when it was proposed (in our
13-person off-list discussion) nobody objected or had a better
suggestion at that time.

That doesn't mean it can't be changed though.

How would you change it to make it less scary?

Mark

mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org: