[HacktionLab] BarnCamp2019 Cancelled.

Billy Smith billy at billycomputersmith.com
Thu Jun 13 13:04:28 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I got an email from Mike about this and replied to him, but thought i
should reply here as well.

It's a shame that BarnCamp 2019 has been cancelled, but don't worry.

It is always better to cancel a gig if it won't run properly, than to put
a poor performance.

It's a professional approach. :D

A bad gig is worse than no gig. :D

----------------

One suggestion is that you start working on next years BarnCamp NOW, so
that you have less logistical problems next year.

Almost all commercial festivals do this. They're booking next summer's
artists now, with the intention to have a firm line-up by October.

It may mean a little more running around right now, but it means that if
you  do get logistical problems, then you've got the time to sort them
out, without it impacting upon the flow of the event. :D

-----------------

That said, i'll put my sound system back into storage, so when you need it
next year, it'll be available for your use. :D

EMFCamp 2020 will also be running next year as well, usually on a weekend
around the end of August.

If you give the team a shout, they'll be happy to help with advice, as
well as explaining what mistakes they made, and how they managed to work
around them.

Say hi from me. :D

Billy