[HacktionLab] Multiple format publishing workflow

mickfuzz mickfuzz23 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:57:23 UTC 2022

Hi there,

I'm just floating this to see if anyone else is interested.

I am doing a phd part time and I am starting to write things for
chapters, blog posts etc.
I got tired of working with multiple versions of word docs pretty
quickly although that's just how a lot of people expect to get work.
I started to like writing in MarkDown and using git as a repository
after doing some documentation projects using it.

So I set up a quest to write in md and output to various formats.

I'm using Zotero (agpl licence) to manage references.

And to input references into md texts - there are good tools for atom,
vim etc - https://retorque.re/zotero-better-bibtex/citing/cayw/
also to output from  to word / odt - there are some really good tools to
help md -> pandoc -> docx/odt -
https://retorque.re/zotero-better-bibtex/exporting/pandoc/

I also want to publish online as html too.
At the moment - to be lazy at the moment I'm just using gh-pages -  out
of the box and it sort of works - https://mickfuzz.github.io/phd4/
but I'd be interested to explore other ways to do that.

Is this line of work interesting to any others? have you got similar
work flows?

nice one
Mick