[HacktionLab] Key Info for HacktionCamp 2022 : If you're coming, cut this out and keep!

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 05:06:06 UTC 2022

Key Info for HacktionCamp 2022

Dates   	:  9th (evening) to 12th (afternoon) June 2022
Contact 	:  Emergency Phone Contact - Mike on 07811 671 893 & Mick on 07913 882 193
Location	:  HacktionCamp takes place at Tod College in Todmorden

Unconference, Workshops and Talks

As with previous events, the Hacktion Camp programme is a mix of preplanned workshops and talks and some which are more last minute decisions or collaborations. Workshop proposals are here.
https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=HacktionCamp_2022_Workshops

We will be working on Saturday and Sundays schedule as most people arrive on Friday late-afternoon early evening.
Friday's schedule is informal / low-key in the Makery workshop.

Running times and arrival cut-off times

It is ok to arrive to either the college or the camping first, e.g. you want to get set up camping before going to the college.

Thursday	: 	Tod College closed; If camping please arrive at camping site by 22:00
Friday  	: 	09.30 at Tod College until 20:30; then at Campsite
Saturday	: 	09.00 at Tod College until 18:00
Sunday  	: 	10.30 at Tod College until 14:30

Camping

Please note that the camping is near to Todmorden and to a number of neighbours of the campsite owners, Phil and Georgina.  They have asked us not to have amplified music in the campsite during the evening and night and keep to accoustic music (no drums) and talking around a fire.

The camping has some facilities, including toilets, some charging points, a shower, and a opensided tent with a table for making drinks / food. There will be wood for a fire on one or two nights should the weather be clement enough for this.  There are additional shower and kitchen facilities at Tod College.

Location of camping

By car - arrive in Todmorden and find The Golden Lion to the south of the main town roundabout by the Town Hall. South of The Golden Lion, go up hill on Longfield Rd, keep going till bend to the right (90 degrees).

Go up track past house with garage (Phil and Georgina's) and look for signs up to the camping & car parking / drop-off zone in the land out the back of that property.

If  there is no space for parking then drop off your things and ask where a good place to park is. This is to try not to crowd out the neighbours.

On foot - From Train, go down main road, take a right (south) till you get to the canal and the Golden Lion. Go up hill on Longfield Rd, keep going till the big bend (90 degrees). You will see a foot path off to your left. Don't take that. Instead go up track past house with garage (Phil and Georgina's) and look for signs up to the camping in the land out the back of that property.

Map of Todmorden - getting to Longfield Road
http://network23.org/todmordenmakery/files/2022/06/hacktioncamp_camping_2.png

Close up Map - go past Phil and Georgina's house.
http://network23.org/todmordenmakery/files/2022/06/hacktioncamp_camping.png

Camping location in Open Street Maps with a Marker - https://osm.org/go/eviUGgIfh?m=
Location in - What Three Words - https://what3words.com/prefer.campfires.clearing

Location of Tod College

If you are coming from Town Centre go past the Town Hall and take the Burnley Road heading under the train bridge. Tod College is just past Aldi on the left as you go down Burnley Rd from the central roundabout. There is a car park and a main entrance to the college. If the main entrance to the college is shut (e.g. After 5 on Friday) you can enter the workshop in the side entrance down the alleyway.

Map of how to get to Makery workshop from centre of Todmorden
http://network23.org/todmordenmakery/files/2022/06/college.png

Quick video on how to get into Makery via Sidedoor from just past Aldi
https://www.flickr.com/photos/195529667@N06/52037930559/in/album-72177720298491725/

Makery Workshop location WTW - https://what3words.com/decimals.improve.talent

Food and Other Practicalities

We are providing food for two meals on Saturday lunch (14.00) and Sunday brunch (10.00- 11.00).

On Friday, Sunday and after 2.00 on Saturday you can use the kitchen in the college.

There  are a number of varied quality and cost options to eat in Todmorden.

	• There's vegan pasties and pies and pricey snacks in Tod Almighty health shop opp. Golden Lion
	• Golden Lion has a good range of Thai food and chips from noon-ish till late
	• Saturday market has a wide range of hot and cold foods
	• There is a cheap Butty place - The Bent Burger - opposite the college - they do veggie sausage sandwiches and cheap chips
	• There is an Aldi next to the college (other multinational german delis are available in town too)
	• Park End is a good mid-range cafe down 72 Burnley Road - 5 mins walk - vegan burgers a speciality - meat and veggie breakfasts available
	• There's Spoons next to station

Entertainment

	• Friday 5-8.30.- Short Film screenings at Tod College / Makery
	• There are free dj nights at the Golden Lion Friday and Saturday
	• There's acoustic music (if we bring it) and campfire chatting at the campsite whenever we want.

A Note on Behaviour

We hope that everyone who attends will treat each other with the mutual respect they deserve.  Debate is to be encouraged, but respecting each other's diversity of opinion.  Personal attacks or on-going harassment whether physically or verbally, shall not be tolerated, and we ask you to work with the event organisers to resolve disputes. We reserve the right to ask people to leave the event if we can't find a resolution.

Looking forward to seeing those of you coming there,

Mike & Mick

XtreamLab Internet Services
xtreamlab.net
07811 671 893