[HacktionLab] Thank you

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 09:43:16 UTC 2022

Thank you all who came to this weekend’s HacktionLab gathering in Todmorden.  It was so great to see you all again and to also meet those of you who were new to the event.

Really great set of talks and workshops, great chats between before and after the event itself, lovely place to camp, facilities at Tod College and the Makery, and a great town to be in generally.  I had a blast, and I hope you all did.

Thanks to Mick for all your local organisation, which includes being instrumental in making the Makery happen in the first place, and supporting the work of Tod College, building the relationship with the campsite owners Phil and Georgina.  Nice one :-)

I am feeling the inspiration now to do more of these simpler town-based smaller HacktionLab gathering like we’ve done before, rather than the larger more complex more time more effort more risk BarnCamp-style events.  There were some suggestions of possible locations, so do put them to the group and perhaps we can get something going again.

Lastly, there are some photos from the event going about privately that it would be good to share more publicly.  If you went and you’d object to being in any of the photos, or have general reservations about photo sharing, could you let me know, off or on list, as you see fit.

Thanks,

XtreamLab Internet Services
xtreamlab.net
07811 671 893