[HacktionLab] HacktionLab 2022 June 10, 11, 12 at Todmorden Makery (was Barncamp 2022 OMG?)

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Mon Mar 14 21:37:03 UTC 2022

Hi there Mark,

Funny you should say that but me and Mike have been chatting for some
time about doing one here in Todmorden.

I've started a new making / repairing community workshop here -
https://todmordenmakery.org.uk/

It's a great space for a gathering and not just because I'm really proud
of it and want to show it off!

Here's some proposed headlines to get the ball rolling for feedback.
Mike said he would chip in too.

We've been making notes here if you want to see some of the gory details.
https://pad.riseup.net/p/hacktionlab-2022

If we could get between 20-30 people it would be great!

*
*
*Hac**k**tionLab 2022*

HacktionLab presents "That tech is mine!": a hacktionlab / barnCamp
Reunion - featuring discussions on alt-media, radical tech collectives,
right to repair, free and open source software, the maker mentality, and
the old hacker ethic.

*Time *- 10,11, 12thJune 2022

*Location*  - https://todmordenmakery.org.uk/
and other rooms in - https://tlchub.org.uk/

*Main Idea  *
A reunion of people and ideas that went on at BarnCamps and
Hacktionlabs. Friends of Friends welcome  as we can let them know the
general vibe.

*_Timing, accomodation, and Food_*

Arrive Friday from 5pm depart Sunday from 3pm?
Cost:  a small charge to cover some things
Accomodation: mainly camping at Tod Cricket ground & Air B and Bs - A
camping barn could be booked if there's enough interest
Food: mostly from cafes and pubs - some catering for Saturday lunch
could be a good idea.
nice one

Mick