[HacktionLab] Attendence and Talk

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Thu May 26 15:54:09 UTC 2022

Hi,

Me too!

Cheers,

On 26/05/2022 16:33, Gareth Coleman wrote:
> I'm interested in your talk!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Gareth
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2022 at 16:26, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I thought I’d answered you before, but perhaps I thought I had, rather
>> than did! :-)
>>
>> Anyway, it looks interesting and I for one would certainly attend.  *Anyone
>> else on this venerable list fancy commenting on Alex’s idea?*
>>
>> Could you email back with it described in the format at
>> https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=HacktionCamp_2022_Workshops filling
>> in the following for me and I’ll put it up on the main page:
>>
>> Title of workshop?[edit
>> <https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=HacktionCamp_2022_Workshops&action=edit&section=3>
>> ]Formattalk / workshop (interactive) / skills share / round table /
>> lighting talkProposed byAlex & NinaLength30-60 minutes, 5-15 for a
>> lighting talkEquipmentprojector, speakers, paper, pens, posits, chairs,
>> etcDescriptionA discription of your workshopNerd gagHow much technical
>> background will people need to be able to follow the session?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Harris
>> XtreamLab Internet Services
>> xtreamlab.net
>> 07811 671 893
>>

>> On 26 May 2022, at 15:03, a.praetorius at serapath.de wrote:
>>
>> Hey there :-)
>>
>> I'm Alex (https://twitter.com/serapath). Me and my partner consider
>> visiting the event if we can manage to fit it into our schedule.
>>
>> I added a talk proposal to the riseup pad some time ago.
>> We are working on a peer-to-peer data hosting system for peer-to-peer web
>> apps. I added it under Proposed Workshops - more details tbc
>> https://pad.riseup.net/p/hacktionlab-2022
>>
>> I'd appreciate some feedback. We were just wondering if that is a topic
>> people are potentially interested in. We know  Nick from karrot.world and
>> he shared the event with us.
>>
>> I can share a few more details about our proposed talk, just to get some
>> feedback and see if this is the right kind of event for it.
>>
>> thanks so much - otherwise it sounds like a lovely event from what I read
>> so far :-)
>>
>> cheers

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403 249
m: +44 (0)7912 327 288
w: https://newint.org/
k: https://ox4.li/gpgkey/

** Shop with a conscience: https://ethicalshop.org **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. We publish the multi-award winning New Internationalist
magazine, a range of books from non-fiction to graphic novels, and
run an ethical mail order business. Learn more at: https://newint.org/

Incorporated in the UK under no. 1005239.

Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd., Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK
PO Box 819, Markham, Ontario, L3P 8A2, Canada