[HacktionLab] More talk suggestions coming in!

mick mick at flossmanuals.net
Mon Apr 17 08:18:53 UTC 2023

On 17/04/2023 09:07, Naomi wrote:

> Also, I was talking with Mike about whether wider talks related to
> politics or philosophy would be suitable, or whether people would
> rather HL be restricted to topics that in some way relate to tech

I'd be keen it that workshops did involve some element of technology or
tool  use or use of materials in a broad sense as I think otherwise it
becomes a different gathering - less "hacky".

Having said that tool use includes a very wide spectrum open. Including
media, technology, knots, forest technology, maps, web, craft,

Also take for example the Ayn Rand stuff. Her work was a massive
influence on Silcon Valley wacky post-hippy utopianism, and thus had a
strong influence on the way the web infrastuture developed.

So most things could be linked.

Just some thoughts,
Mick