[HacktionLab] **ANNOUNCEMENT** Hacktionlab Sheffield 16-18 June

Naomi naomi at aktivix.org
Sun Feb 5 09:12:36 UTC 2023

Hi hacktivists,

As there are a lot of us in Sheffield at the moment (me, John, Gareth,
Jonathan, James, various Webarchitects types) we got together and
decided to hold a Hacktionlab event here this summer.

We have a venue for Friday 16th to Sunday 18th of June, for talks and
workshops in the daytime, and a couple of options for social space in
the evenings - a local pub is going to do food for us, and we are
thinking of hiring out a town centre venue for a film / music night.

I hope lots of you can make it - Sheffield is a good central location, a
lot easier to get to than Todmorden although sadly there is no campsite
half a mile from the venue this year... However, we can offer limited
spare room space, floor space and are also reaching out to local housing
co-ops.

There's a few bits and bobs of organising left to do and of course
offers of talks and workshops are very welcome, so if you would like to
get involved please get in touch.

Looking forward to seeing you in the summer!

Love and chaos,

Naomi