[HacktionLab] Static archive of site - the best command

Mike Harris mike.harris at xtreamlab.net
Mon Jul 17 22:23:07 UTC 2023

Hi all, but especially Mick,

Last year Mick gave a talk on recovering the old Schnews website and producing a static version of it by a certain clever use of curl or wget.

What’s the best command to get a complete functional static version of the entirety of a website for all linked to content?

I ask because I need to grab a site for someone that’s about to ‘go dark’ and no one can get the details to login and get to the file system side of things.

XtreamLab
W: https://XtreamLab.net
T: +44 7811 671 893