[HacktionLab] Thoughts on where we could go now with HL

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Tue Jun 20 10:26:08 UTC 2023

This sounds good,

On 19/06/2023 22:04, Mike Harris wrote:

> I therefore wonder if we had a poll to see whether we agree that the
> principle purpose of this group is to hold annual (or more frequent)
> gatherings in different locations around the UK to foment social,
> political, professional, and skills-sharing networks, the sharing of
> projects, the creation of a space for people to find out more about
> and maybe join existing projects, and for people to do 'reverse
> workshops' (milk the audience) and we agree that, then we could
> perhaps update our website to state clearly that that is what we NOW do.

I wonder if it's also worth saying what we used to do THEN but not so
much now, which probably falls into two or more categories

a) things we no longer want to do under the banner hacktionlab - (more
direct support for social movements, temporary media centres,
movement-focused tech security outreach,  documentation / publications)
b) things that are less active but which we still like the idea of
(workshops on non-digital technology, workshops on media projects/software)

of course that's just my editorialising in the brackets - other opinions
are valid!