[HacktionLab] Fwd: [FM Discuss] FLOSS Manuals going into Archive only status -

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Fri Jul 5 08:24:20 UTC 2024

On 04/07/2024 19:53, Jonathan Cook wrote:

> Hello Mick,
>
> just to specify do u mean "help me out with hosting" in sense of
> costs? Say £x per month ongoing?
>
> Ta :)
>
> JC

Hi there,

I would be up for paying server costs. But I'm looking to reduce the the
costs and overhead in terms of resources as it's not really needed now.

I was thinking about some who is already running a server that runs
simple html to piggyback the sites involved.  But also not have to do
the server admin updates. I would still need ssh access to do occasional
updates to content, mostly when people want things removed.

But I'll take back that request of help for now as there are actually a
few people that I've already worked with that I should approach first
without getting into a list discussion. But I may come back if that
doesn't work.

nice one
Mick