[HacktionLab] Robot Wars

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 11:18:31 UTC 2026


Hi all,

I'm looking forwards to seeing you all on Thursday and over the 
weekend.  I'm really interested in Clara's proposal 
https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=Workshops_for_HacktionLab_Autumn_2026#We_need_to_talk_about_AI 
as we really, really do.

To that end, I've added my own related AI one.  In XtreamLab's 
(https://xtreamlab.net)  been having loads of issues since about last 
December with increasing amounts of traffic to monolithic stack sites 
running WordPress stressing servers.  The traffic all appears to be 
coming from either valid AI engines scraping (Claude, ChatGPT etc), or 
more nefarious sniffing and hacking attempts from what I assume are 
agentic bot nets.  Anyway, I'm up for talking about the issues we've 
experience, what we've done to combat the issue, how that involved using 
Claude Code, and learn from you all about your experiences and 
understand what else we could do.  I've put up this proposal 
https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=Workshops_for_HacktionLab_Autumn_2026#Robot_Wars:_using_AI_to_fight_the_AI_bots

For me it's especially pertinent because of the struggles we have 
maintaining an under-resourced (in terms of time, money and tech) 
project like Network23 (https://network23.org) where we recently had to 
refuse any further blog sign-ups and post on our site that we don't have 
the capacity.  This following the A-I (not AI) take-down and the 
increased demand from projects and people looking for a new home.  I'm 
interested here in speaking about ways of funding projects like 
XtreamLab and N23, etc.

The more I type, the more I see we have to talk about.  I hope you do 
too, and I'm looking forward to the conversation.

Cheers,

Mike.

-- 
Mike Harris
+44 07811 671 893
https://mbharris.co.uk - https://hacktionlab.org - https://xtreamlab.net




More information about the HacktionLab mailing list